Making Money Online from Home can be done! It can be done quite successfully! I don’t want to just tell you a lot of information. I want to show you ways and means of doing that. I’d like you to REALLY make money and reach your financial goals.
Can You REALLY be making money Online from Home?
I guess it’s the $1,000,000.00 question. Everyone has a different definition of ‘make money’.
Well the simple answer is YES you can. How much exactly depends on you. When we think of the words ‘make money’ we each have an idea in our head of what that looks like. Especially when you get on the Web and there are millions of articles about “How I went from broke to 6 figures with Twitter” or some such claim.
I recently watched a video from a Marketing Company owner who stated that in fact 98% of people making money online are making about $1000 per month or less and only about 2% were making the bigger bucks.
That news doesn’t sound encouraging. However there were distinct reasons WHY there was a 98%-2% ratio.
3 Reasons Why People aren’t successful
1. TOO MUCH INFORMATION!– Simply getting overwhelmed by the bombardment of information that may at it’s core be factual but it still not really helpful. The internet is a great resource but we still need to find the cold hard facts and not all the fluff.
2. Only one stream of income-that is to say the people focused on just selling 1 product. While you could be able to make a lot of money selling one product, the idea of Affiliate Marketing and actually most Entrepreneurs is to have MULTIPLE streams of income.
3. Status Quo Syndrome-Most people are just comfortable where they are. Their income may not be what they’ve always dreamed of, but they are not willing to step out into the unknown, be uncomfortable, and try something new. The reality is that most people simply won’t try. They will make up in their mind a million reasons why this isn’t for them. The funny thing is, online business is for anyone and everyone who wants to change the way things are. Maybe you are just looking to make an extra $1000 per month. Maybe for you that would be enough. You could do that. That goal could be reached. That goal CAN be reached if you want it.
Making Money Online from Home – Keep It Simple! 1….2….3
Based on what I’ve just said you might be thinking it’s already time to jump ship. Or you might wonder why I’m any better of a resource than the other information out there.
First of all, I won’t promise you any get-rich-quick scheme. Not to say those people claiming to make millions and traveling the world while surfing aren’t telling the truth. In fact a lot of them are. What they are ALSO doing is using the truth of their success as an attractive slogan that gets A LOT of hits and creates traffic for their site which in turn makes them more money. We are all attracted to success stories. Most of the time their main concern is making more money and they are marketing that idea to you.
What most people don’t look at is the fine print. How much work did the successful put in? How long did it take? What did they have to learn or read or try in order to make it? How long did it take before they could work at home full time?
The truth is they did research, it took time and they put in FULL TIME hours OR MORE! It only makes sense that if you want to make that type on income, you are putting in 40-60+ hours per week. At least until you reach your financial goal and then once you reach that point and your website has that type of traffic…..then it can become passive income.
The simplicity with online Marketing is you have a website or blog (your idea or ‘niche’) to reach a ‘Target’ audience. Traffic to your website is generated (you also leverage social media/YouTube to gain followers) once traffic is flowing you are able to monetize by having adds or selling product (like suggesting your favorite book which can be purchased on amazon or chapters) and boom…you make commissions.
That is the bare bones of the process. This is how people just like me and you are successfully making money online from home.
The successful are the ones who do their research, learn what attracts people to their site, spend time leveraging social media AND put in the cold hard hours of work. I personally know people, regular people, making $4500+ per month through Affiliate Marketing. This is real. It CAN happen for you, the truth is that it’s up to you. The other truth is that it DOES take time to get to that point.
USUALLY it takes over a year to start generating that type of traffic and income, but again just like the Billionaires of this world, there are keen people out there who will do it quicker because they are driven. I’m just being honest as I really do want to help you succeed.
Adopting a schedule for your time online is important. If we want this to be our business we have to approach it as a business. We don’t expect businesses just to ‘happen’. They are created through hard work. I do want to point out though that this does NOT feel like hard work.
When I sit down at this computer I’m thinking about my future, I’m thinking about further understanding the needs of my audience, I’m putting myself in their shoes and trying to get them the best ‘product’ (which in this case is solid, truthful information) so that they can succeed at any level.
A 9-5 income would be replaced with a full time income because you are putting full time hours into your new business. Setting a schedule of sitting down at your computer and getting the work done will bring you a long way towards the success you are hoping for.
I am a stay at home Mom, so most of the time my schedule is not 9-5….it’s not even 10-2…..each day is different. What I do is set a ‘time amount’ each day that is my goal to spend on my business. Right now it’s AT LEAST 2 hours per day.
I want it to be more and sometimes it is. To be honest, 2 hours isn’t much and goes by quickly. However, that is whats workable, that’s what I can definitely do and I like to set a realistic goal that I can achieve, so that I leave feeling like I did accomplish what I wanted. I need to work at making money online from home like I would making money at a 9-5.
Setting realistic goals
This will also help you feel the reward system in your mind. I set out to do 2 hours….and I did that!
So that’s an accomplishment. 2 hours is still an investment of my time and it’s still going to get me further in building my business. If it turns out I can spend more time than that, well now I have a Bonus and this feels even better. I don’t want you to get bogged down, overwhelmed or discouraged! After all, you already have a lot on your plate, I don’t want you to feel like you’re wasting time on something that won’t produce results. One suggestion I heard is set daily, monthly, 6 month and 1 year goals. However, focus on the daily goals which will lead to accomplishing the monthly, 6 month and yearly goals!
Give it Time!
This is the biggy. Giving it time. Statistically most people will give up before truly reaching success. 92% of people don’t reach their goals. That leaves us with 8% who do. Again, I’m not discouraging you here. I want to be honest, lets look at the facts and then key in on what makes the 8% tick. I believe if we haven’t been the 8%, it’s time to start. They obviously do or know something that most of us don’t.
Actually, I’ve already let you in on a few of their secrets in some things I’ve already said.
The highly successful are succeeding because they-
- Make their goals specific -I want to lose 20lbs (seriously who doesn’t?) is not a specific goal actually. I want to lose 20lbs over the next 3 months by watching what I eat and exercising 20 minutes per day <- THAT’S SPECIFIC. We need to write down a specific, challenging – yet realistic goal. This will increase our chances of success substantially because we haven’t just set a goal but we actually have an action plan of achieving said goal. Good stuff!
- Have Passion & Commitment– The successful are passionate and committed to their goals. They dream about it, write about it, read about it. They eat it for breakfast (so to speak)! They are singularly focused on getting this one thing accomplished and they aren’t going to take no for an answer. They are not going to quit until they see that breakthrough.
- You can do that. I know you can. You’ve already had dreams in your life you accomplished. Graduated from high school, completed college or University, done courses, got married (that’s commitment!), had children, bought a house. Any and every one of those things are accomplishments. Goals reached….and quite honestly some of this can’t be compared EVER to any amount of money.
- Don’t take on TOO much-Highly successful people usually don’t multitask too much. Which is great news for us Mom’s cause, seriously we are already juggling SOOO many things. Don’t get overworked in starting 20 websites and becoming a Pinterest Queen overnight. Just a single focus. 1 simple idea, and then work that idea until it succeeds. For instance, this one website, work on it, perfect it, add great content and pictures and graphics and reply to comments and just make this one website as great as you can. That’s it. Tunnel vision.
Make it Happen!
Are You dreaming about having the time freedom You want. Or dreaming about buying the car You want? I’m dreaming about building something better for my kids, dreaming because I am a dreamer. Eventually though we wake up, and my hope is that when I wake up I find out that I’m living my dream! Because, the best thing ever is, I CAN! Anyone can. Making Money Online from Home is something you can do, and you could do well at! Check out my blogpost on Wealthy Affiliate, it has some success stories that you might enjoy!
Paul Mitchell, the founder of the Hair products, was on the streets penniless and worked hard and became a Millionaire. Chris Gardner, the man behind the movie The Pursuit of Happyness-was on the street with his son, worked hard and became a Millionaire. My point isn’t that everyone needs to be a millionaire, maybe you want to, maybe you don’t. The point is that with hard work and determination anyone from any situation or background can be successful and live out their dreams.
I’m here because I know there are a lot of Mom’s struggling or maybe not struggling but just don’t want to do the 9-5 grind anymore. You want more time and freedom to be with Your kids. Perhaps you’d like to make more money. All of these are achievable and all of these things CAN be accomplished.
I hope this article has been helpful. I’d really love to hear your feedback, comments, suggestions, or just chit chat. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
*If you’d like more information on Affiliate Marketing or how to make money online, check out my other articles Click Here<-